This twist on classic spinach artichoke dip is sure to be a winner at any holiday dinner or get-together. Rachael Ray serves it with sesame breadsticks, celery hearts and pita crisps for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Show: 30 Minute Meals
Episode: Casual New Year’s Eve
Total: 37 min
Prep: 25 min
Cook: 12 min
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
Gorgonzola Spinach Artichoke Dip Ingredients
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes chopped frozen spinach
- 1 box frozen artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 cup Gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded (a little larger than grated, available in tubs) Asiago or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Thick sesame bread sticks, for dipping
- Celery hearts, trimmed for dipping
- Pita crisps with Parmesan and herbs (recommended: Stacy’s)
Gorgonzola Spinach Artichoke Dip Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Defrost spinach 10 minutes on defrost setting in the microwave then drain well by wringing out in the dish towel. Defrost artichokes as well, 6 minutes on defrost in the microwave then wring out and finely chop.
Heat a sauce pot with butter over medium to medium-high heat. Add garlic to melted butter and stir 1 to 2 minutes, then sprinkle in flour and combine 1 minute more. Whisk in stock and milk and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Thicken 2 minutes then remove from heat and melt in Gorgonzola. Stir in spinach and artichokes and half the shredded cheese then transfer to a small casserole and top with remaining cheese. Brown and bubble in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with breadsticks, celery hearts and pita crisps for dipping.